TRADITION OF TASTE
The Capsa Restaurant since 1886 was the “official” meeting place of the personalities from politics, journalism, art and culture. Grigore Capsa substituted in Bucharest the oriental aspect by the Western perfume, performing the transition from baklava and sarailie to confectionery, chocolate, ganache and “bonbon”. Also here were organized the most important dinners from Bucharest, and in 1920, upon the invitation of the King Ferdinand and the Queen Maria, arrived in Bucharest the famous French Marshal Joseph Jacques Cesaire Joffre.
The great confectioner Grigore Capsa, the supplier of the Royal House, created in honour of the Marshal a chocolate cake suggesting the cylindrical shape of the French military caps. As the French Marshal Joffre was suffering of diabetes, the master confectioner, having Paris education, invented a cake with no risk for the guest. That cake was called “Joffre” and became famous in the entire world, being taken over by French cuisine, from whose tradition it had been inspired.
Divided in two salons that communicate with each other - Red Salon and Marble Salon, the Capsa Restaurant is also proper for organizing corporate or festive events, parties or private lunch/dinner.
The diversified menu, using recipes from Romanian and international cuisine, an intimate atmosphere, the imprint of Casa Capsa personality, will satisfy your taste, preferences and exigencies.